Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 14: one unspeakable amazing and one unspeakable explosion.

So a super huge non-coincidence happened today but it's a big one that effects quite a few people and I don't want to write it until all has panned out which could take some time...summarized: I got something in the mail that I asked God for earlier in the day. I'll explain later.

The other crazy coincidence is last night, after weeks and weeks of a sad looking crib with no bumpers or cute blankets, I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up Jovi's room. I put on fresh sheets, blankets and cleaned the carpet. I wiped the crib which sadly had actual dust blobs on it, cleaned the changing table and set up some toys around the edge. I know it's sad that I haven't done this in weeks but it's been really hot and she hasn't slept in her room anyway. It was magical to walk in there this morning, smell lavender and see the floor all clean.

You can just imagine what just so happened to transpire this afternoon. She took her nap, nothing out of the ordinary. She didn't fall asleep right away and I heard her through the monitor chatting to herself for awhile. But then after a long silence, I hear this crazy, wild screaming. I have never heard her cry like that before, I rushed in to a scene. It was a car wreck. Worse then a car wreck. It no longer smelled like lavender that's for sure. It smelled like eggs and unkept aquariums.  There it was all over everything: the crib, the wall, the sheets, the cute quilt, the bumper thing that I tied to each crib post last night. The humpty-dumpty pillow that my mom made and so lovingly embroided 'Jovi' in purple had it smeared across his poor humpty face. The super cute singing giraffe was not spared. The maracas has it splattered on them. Poopy toys thrown on the carpet. Worst of all. Her darling little face, her soaked pink dress and in her little tuft of hair there it was. The worst part was that it wasn't on her hands. Since it was everywhere else but she had clean hands...I almost threw up at the thought of where it had gone. It was everywhere. Her hands were in her mouth.  My GOD! I gasped. I'm the worst mom ever! How could this happen!! How long has this been going on?? (Funnier if you imagine the ACE song from the 70's) I immediately picked her up and held her under the faucet in the tub and rotated her around like a poopy pig roast. She laughed. I prayed she didn't eat it. I wrapped her up in her pink monster towel and went back in the room to survey the carnage. I thought about the clean up options and decided against laundry baskets and grabbed a lawn garbage bag from the pantry. The smell had magnified and it was now just about speed. The freshly cleaned blanket, sheet, bumper, clothes, stuffed animals, changing table cover...crammed in the washed on extra rinse/soak. Jovi just looked at me with big, wide open eyes.

Funny, how her room got the absolute dirtiest the day after it was the absolute cleanest. Why does that always seem to happen? This just feels like life to me. When we are calmest and cleanest and have it all together (or at least feel like we do) the next day is mayhem. Yesterday I was happy and not worrying all day about my job but today I was a dreadful mess. Jovi and her room recovered just fine. I am hoping tomorrow I'll be fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

and what do you think about that?