Friday, August 5, 2011

day 15. "whew...that was lucky!" x3

Sooo lucky #1: I got up out of bed faster then normal and was all excited like it was a field trip day. Today I went to my first real dog show. I won't even begin to describe the depth of my dorkness when it comes to dog breeds, traits etc. I've had it on the calendar for months. I mainly wanted to go to bring my dear Bridget for a heart/eye exam and make sure she is okay to breed pups. The dog show watching was a big bonus.
My dream dog (Bridget: King Charles Cavalier) who normally costs between $700-1100 dollars, and I just was pretty much given her through rather sketchy means, got a 'PERFECT' on her vet check sheet. Perfect heart. Soooo exciting. Now all she needs is an STD test with her future boyfriend then she'll be already for her one night with the king. I 'm sooo excited/nervous to breed my first dog, I was anticipating that she wouldn't do well on these exams this morning since she was a mess when we got her. I'm so lucky. I'm gonna get to have PUPPIES of my most favorite dog ever soon!!! AHH! So excited. (If you want to buy one please let me know, I'm not allowed to keep them. Family-friends get first dibs. Some have already been claimed and they aren't even created yet. That's love.) Anyway, I just love that the dog I could never afford or find and then just was handed Bridget, in perfect shape with amazing behavior!! Then I magically meet her a boyfriend. :) So now I don't only get my dream dog, I get to see puppies for the first time. Okay, enough 'I'm the luckiest dog owner ever' talk.

So lucky #2.  There is an unspoken rule at dog shows. "No babies allowed." Jovi was the only little human in  the entire place today! Not one other stroller in the whole fairgrounds! People had dog babies. Pushing them on carts in crates instead of strollers and constant barking everywhere instead of crying. While we were watching the competition, people were looking over at me like I was an idiot. "Why does she have a human baby here. Ugh! They are loud and messy.. what is she thinking?" I imagined the dog people's inner dialogue while Jovi smiled and waved at them like a happy, little walmart greeter. I thought about the atmosphere. People who spend all their time, money, efforts into grooming, training, breeding dogs. They have one moment to walk around a ring in front of a judge, try to keep their dog focused through any means possible and try to beat the competition and win 'best in show'. There I was with a baby, a camera and an unregistered dog just waiting for the best moment to distract their whole life's work. I was soooo lucky that Bridget didn't bark or even look at another dog and even luckier that my beloved 10 month old happily sat and drank her bottle. She waited to have a loud melt down til we were far away from the ring of pressure/fire. And it was incredibly lucky that right as I got there the breed I love was being shown in the circle. (There are 100+ breeds and this dog show goes on for 3 days!!) So it was amazing that at the moment I was there, the Cavaliers were on display. I was elated and really, really lucky to see my dogs I love and that my groupies didn't make a peep.

Sooo lucky #3: I went grocery shopping this afternoon with exactly $50 cash. This makes for a nerve-racking grocery shopping experience but is the best way to stay on budget. I had an exact list but I didn't add it up ahead of time. I didn't want to stress out about it. I put everything on the conveyor belt and just said a silent prayer in hopes of not going over.  i knew what were the costliest items and was preparing to remove them if needed. The cart filled up (because I was at Aldi's) and it came to a perfect $49.84!!! The lady behind me smiled an approving congratulations. That was lucky for sure.

 Sooo lucky. Sooo blessed.
nothing is a coincidence.

Sorry I get rhymey when it's late. Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs, Amy. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

and what do you think about that?